Published November 12, 2013
On October 28, 2013, the North South Institute (NSI) hosted the Ottawa event of Global Transparency Week (GTW). This was one of 18 high-profile events taking place across the globe focused on open data, transparency, accountability and good governance.
The discussion was led by NSI’s Senior Researcher Aniket Bhushan, and the panelists included:
- Shreya Basu, Researcher, Publish What You Fund (UK)
- Yohanna Loucheur, Team Leader, Policy Development, Department of Foreign Affairs Trade and Development, Canada
- Matthew Smith, Senior Program Officer, Information and Networks, International Development Research Centre
- James Haga, Portfolio Manager, Engineers Without Borders (Canada)
- Michael Roberts, Co-founder, Groupsia
The event was open to members of the public, private, academic and civil society sectors. About 50 participants attended the event. This report summarizes highlights from the lively discussion, and concludes with a series of recommendations.
Authors: Aniket Bhushan and Rebekka Bond